Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cabin Fever

For those of you that don't know me, I am a fairly laid-back person. I can tune out most distractions, most of the time. But, when I am sick, everything is amplified and I can't seem to tune it out.

My dogs are no exception.


The big one, Luther, is a little on the hard-headed side. I love him to pieces, but sometimes... Sometimes he really makes me wonder why I have dogs. Milo, the little one, is still a pup, so he has loads of energy at all times.

I suppose it's good that I have two beasts, because they do keep each other busy and they are sad when they're apart from each other. But on days like this, when I am trapped inside my house with the two of them, with gale-force winds and sideways rain threatening to pick up again at any moment, I lose my ability to tune them out.

Currently, there are two chew toys available for them to play with. Milo has the one that Luther wants, no matter which toy it is. So what does Luther do? He whines. He cries. He "fruffs." And then he looks at me with his big, droopy brown eyes and expects me to steal the toy from the pup.

It's ridiculous.

No amount of knitting or Criminal Minds repeats can make me ignore them today.

I think it may be time to get out for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment