Sunday, October 28, 2012

The best medicine

After coming down with God only knows what this past Thursday into Friday, it's been a long (and short) weekend of resting on the couch.

Friday, I was able to go to the supermarket and stock up on soups and cereals, along with some apples so that we'd have some sort of food to eat should the power go out like they're predicting. Not only was  I able to do that, but I also managed to get in to see the doctor on Friday afternoon. He said it's not strep, though I have a hard time believing him.

Husband went out to Wally World yesterday, braving the raving lunatics that were all out buying everything they possibly could in preparation for the storm, and returned with some much-needed sicky supplies. While he was out, I stayed on the couch. And I knitted.

I completed a vest I began last year.
I began a shawl that I plan to use when nursing, should I have to do it in any public places.
I began (and am almost finished!) a small cardigan for Tater Tot. He'll probably only be able to wear it for a couple of weeks, but still. It's fast and easy and, therefore, exceedingly gratifying.

The next project to start will be a really cute pair of slippers, which I'm very excited about beginning. I've had these on my list of things to knit for over 2 years!

Although I have tons of work to do that really cannot wait, it's going to have to do so until my energy is back to where it ought to be.

In the meantime, I shall knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment