Friday, November 30, 2012

Deadlines

For someone who happens to be "unemployed" by normal standards, my life seems to be governed by deadlines right now--moreso than when I was actually employed with a real job.

Not that I'm complaining, because I am not. I am thankful that I have deadlines to meet, because that means money in my pocket for my hard work, and Lord knows trying to make multiple handmade items inside a tiny timeframe, with Christmas looming in the near future isn't exactly...easy.

Today is my deadline for making 54 little girls' dresses, to be shipped to the buyer and then to Africa, to a town/school where the children are in desperate need of clothing. It is 6:10 am, and I have the dresses spread out before me. Sleeves, zippers, and finishing touches are all that await.

I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment