Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday

My husband took off work today so that we could attend the Great American Outdoor Show.

Amongst the masses of waterfowl calls, fishing rods, lures, and boats, and hunting paraphernalia, I found yarn.

The Buffalo Wool Company, from Texas, made the trek to the show to peddle their wares of bison-fiber hats, mitts, gloves, etc. I saw their name in the vendor list in my booklet, and I squealed with excitement. I literally squealed. Like a dumb girl at a boy band concert.

And then I found their booth, with great speed and enthusiasm. And with equal speed and enthusiasm, I spied their small yarn section and made myself comfortable on the floor.

When it was all said and done, and as the owner held my son and loved on him a little while I shopped, I gained some lovely additions to my stash.

I procured a skein of Sexy, in a show-specific color way resembling camouflage, but way prettier, and a Splash of Color bundle of 10 mini skeins.

I needed yarn like I need a hole in the head, but hey. I'm calling it insulation for my attic guest room. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment