Thursday, December 6, 2012

Therapy sessions

As you all know, things here at my house are getting to be a bit stressful. With the dresses still not quite finished, Christmas fast-approaching, and a baby that seems too big to make it the entire 40 weeks, I feel like the clutter is just closing in around me at a record pace.

Come to think of it...it is.

I've made the decision that although I will set up the Christmas tree, I will not be spending time hanging ornaments on it. I am tired and have too much to do.

Recently added to my to-do list: therapy. But not just any type of therapy--yarn therapy. I will be taking a day sometime next week, after the dresses have been packed and shipped and my house is reasonably clean and my tree is upstairs and not in the basement, to go to every single yarn shop I can in the surrounding area. I don't even need to buy anything...just browse.

Much like snuggling a furry pet and letting that soothing feeling of warm fur and affection calm a person, yarn has the same effect on knitters. Yarn doesn't wiggle around and try to steal a toy or a treat away from other yarn. It doesn't bark, drool, stink to high Heaven, or leave muddy pawprints on my floor. Now don't get me wrong--I love my dogs dearly, even in all their stinky drooliness...but sometimes, more yarn is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment