Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmastime's a-comin'

It's after 10 pm, and well past my bedtime, and I am tired.

Although I have not subbed for awhile, I've been putting in full days of work on Christmas preparations. Today marked the nearly-finishing of Wade's big surprise, which I ruined when we had a disagreement and I had an inevitable pregnancy-induced meltdown. He did not, however, actually see the big surprise. He just knows what it is.

It's a quilt.

I am a seamstress, but I am by no means a quilter. This is truly only my second attempt at making a bed-sized quilt. My first one was a twin size patchwork for a missionary at my church when I was 12; it was my community service project to fulfill a graduation requirement set forth by the state of Maryland. I swore to my mother that I would never make another quilt.

So, 16 years later, I make another one.

The good news is, I'm not quilting it, nor am I tying it. I will be paying a reasonable fee to a friend of mine to do the quilting for me on her longarm machine next month, and I will then attach the binding and finish the project completely.

Speaking of finishing projects, I've done some serious crafting over the last couple of months:

54 little girls's dresses
5 knitter's tool fold-ups
2 handknit Christmas ornaments
2 pairs of felted slippers
2 women's owl cowls (the cable pattern looks like owls--super cute!)
1 handknit stuffed bunny
1 pair of socks
1 men's cowl
1 mustachioed purse
1 bearded hat (pictured earlier this fall)
1 cloche hat (in progress)
1 quilt (semi-finished)

That's 72 items since September/October, most of which were completed last month.

Just to show you what I've been up to...





I'm going to bed now...


No comments:

Post a Comment